Meet Frank Mersal
Frank is the principal solicitor at Mersal & Associates and is admitted to both the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
In addition to his legal qualifications Frank holds a Bachelor of Science and has worked extensively in the environmental field as an analytical chemist, project manager and licensing officer including with the Environment Protection Authority, now a division of the Department of Environment Climate Change and Water. It is this experience that uniquely qualifies him in the area of environmental law.
Frank’s extensive experience includes:
- Local Court Prosecutor for Hawkesbury CityCouncil: where he prosecuted offenders for a variety of offences including pollution of waters, dangerous dog declarations and carrying out work in breach of development consent conditions.
- Building and Construction Matters: including claims under the Home Building Act1989 to matters under the Contractors Debts Act 1997 varying in amount from a few thousand dollars to many millions of dollars.
- Director of Training: of a major security company which sees him uniquely placed to provide advice to licensed venues on issues such as negligence and the excessive use of force.
- Crime and Traffic Defence Lawyer: including matters such as AVO, bail applications, PCA (driving under the influence of alcohol), burnouts and drive whilst disqualified to more serious criminal matters such as drug matters, assault, theft, fraud, robbery and murder.
Frank is also an educator with extensive experience in adult education. Frank holds a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment and over the years has delivered numerous seminars and tutorials on a variety of issues including:
- Author and presenter of “Abating Violence in Licensed Premises”: a legal seminar aimed at educating Security staff on how to manage violence in licensed premises,
- Author and presenter of “Enforcement & Preparing for Prosecutions”: a legal seminar aimed at educating Local Government on how best to secure prosecutions,
- Presenter of “Security Certificate II”: a security course for licensing purposes,
- Author and presenter of“The Water Course”: an environmental seminar aimed at educating local government on its environmental obligations under the POEO Act.